Friday, September 14, 2012

A day in the life of...

      Amongst the ridiculously long hours and constant struggle with how Koreans deem what is and isn't proper child development, behavior, etc., I do attempt to have fun whilst at Worwick Franklin.  Below is a documentation of how my off period was spent this Thursday.
      I was told to watch one of my students who was kicked out of class by my Korean co-teacher due to his behavior.  In the past, I've been told by more than one Korean teacher that he has a learning disability (but in fairness to them, they don't believe children have ADD, ADHD, or Autism, they merely think there are natural or holistic cures that could be used as medication to help these "problem children").  Upon his arrival, I was told he knew no English and our first day wasn't even spent together due to his incessant crying because I was the first foreigner he'd ever seen.  Day two was almost just has challenging.  Fast forward three weeks...

1 comment: