Saturday, February 27, 2016

Ever So Sorry

      So here's where I apologize profusely for the lengthy duration since my last entry. The past two weeks have been insanely busy due to this academic term's conclusion. What has this meant for me? Well, I've had to create the final English exam for my M 1 and M 6 level students, administer the exam to 1,250 of them, grade all 1,250 of the exams, input every scores for every student for the entire term into a computer program (which is in the Thai language, so it's basically impossible to navigate), get informed that there was an issue with the program so I'd have to redo the entire process, and create a pre and post analysis of each students' grades to see how they've improved (or more realistically, simply plateaued).

Why it was decided that the school should undergo renovations during final exams, I'll never know.
Does anyone know what the OSHA regulations are for bamboo scaffolding?

I've been dealing with jack-hammering outside of my classroom all week.  Also, are there OSHA regulations for
welding the beam that you're sitting on while wearing flip-flops and no protective gear?

My M 1 students are clearly taking their final exams seriously...

Because my M 6 students are setting such a good example.

      All of this coincides with the cessation of my contract; I only have one week left here in Sakon Nakhon! What's next for me? Honestly, I haven't had a single free moment to ponder that. I suppose I should make that a priority though, right? Feel free to offer suggestions in the comments below.

     As for my apologizes, please accept a brief glimpse of my sketchbook since I haven't had the time to write more frequently. I promise things will return to normal soon.



Brain juice

Thai inspired


For my Thai barber

Dana

1 comment:

  1. You can come home...we miss you!! Just kidding, it will all work out. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete