Friday, December 21, 2012

12/21/2012


      I apologize but this will be a brief entry. As the sun has set here in Korea and darkness is cast upon the land, it will soon rise back home and bake Louisiana in its warming glow. Treasure it because the world has not expired. It is not the end of days. However, I do wish I could say that all is well. You see, I spent all night experiencing the Mayan Apocalypse in my stomach. Instead of peaceful slumber, I got to void my stomach's contents every hour, on the hour. No fun. No fun at all. And to add insult to injury, my bathroom is so small that while my head rested on and arms hugged the toilet, my torso and legs were strewn into my living quarters. Once I realized there was no end in sight, I crawled down four flights of stairs and hailed a cab to the hospital. I even paid the guy double what I owed because I couldn't wait for change.
      Straight to the emergency room I went where you'd think my horrific journey would final be over. Nope, remember that we speak two different languages. The most I could do was lay myself down on a cot and gesture that I'd been violently throwing up. After a shot in the hip (from which my foot is now numb) and two IV's that had to be poked numerous times into my arms (because the nurse could find the veins), I was finally able to sleep for a few hours while rehydrating.
      Don't worry Pat and Kenneth, I purchased a couple bottles of Korean blue Power-Ade and am praying that it does what it does best. I returned home to ironically watch the movie "Seeking a Friend for the End of the World" and will ask only this - if it were to all end today, what would you wish you'd have done?

No comments:

Post a Comment