Friday, December 28, 2012

From Up Here

       I know, I know, I know...you're wondering where are all the updates are of Brandon, Quentin, and myself.  I promise that they'll be many more once they leave and I sink back into my pit of lonely despair.  Until then  however, we're living it up and I'm loving every moment of it.
      There have been past conversations with my coworkers and other expats about moments when you forget you're in Korea.  I have never experienced that feeling.  Home is such a warm, comfortable state for me that I don't think I'd confuse it for any other place - until two days ago.  Sitting around with Brandon, listening to Quentin tell a story, and all of us eating, I momentarily lost track of where I was.  It seemed like we could have been in any restaurant back home...truly something I miss and now appreciate.
      It hasn't all been perfect however.  I'm battling a recent and surprising attack of the hives.  I've been violently breaking out in an allergic reaction and can't figure out what my trigger has been. So that's led to trips to the hospital and emergency room, unfortunately during Brandon's and Quentin's time here.  More on that later though...



No comments:

Post a Comment