Thursday, October 11, 2012

Dr. Smallspace or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Pyong

      My apartment is small. Really small actually. Even to me, and I consider myself a minimalist who doesn't need much. And what makes it even smaller are its cubist features and lack of windows. It’s literally a rectangle; no unique architectural elements what-so-ever. My apartment is 3 pyong. To give you some perspective of size, a pyong is 3.3 square meters or about 34 square feet. So I estimate my apartment's dimensions at 22' x 12' and unfortunately that's not all usable living space. That’s not much at all. So what a expat living in Korea to do? Be creative and make the most of the available space I suppose...

A café for coffee and tea time.

A full service laundromat.



An art gallery that exhibits both photography and paintings (in progress).
 
An artist's studio. 

A yoga studio/physical therapy gym.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Ryan
    We (Kevin and I) are learning about this blog think. I am not sure I am doing this right but I love your thoughts and pictures you are posting. It is hard to move away from home. I mean far enough so that family really can not come in a hurry. I hope this find yous well and enjoying Korea. It looks like a beautiful place.

    Sue Dunne

    ReplyDelete