Friday, October 12, 2012

There's good news and then there's good news


      This current entry could be used to report that I have finally received my Alien Registration Card and was able to use that to open my very own banking account here in Korea. Or about how I ate a delicious bowl of red beans and ice. Now I'm willing to bet that everyone back home read over that previous line so quickly that their brain automatically read "red beans and rice" but that is no typo – I had red beans and ice! It's a traditional Korean dessert called Patbingsu which is basically sno-ball ice, red beans, chocolate syrup, rice balls, pineapple and mango chunks, banana slices, and Corn Flakes. Sounds absurd, I know...tastes incredible though. 
      Instead I'm writing to announce that the Orient will be gaining two more Louisianians for Christmas 2012. My brother, Brandon and our close friend, Quentin are coming to visit me and for that I am very grateful. Their timing is perfect too because it will be during my winter holiday so we'll have a great deal of opportunities to live it up. Look out Korea!
      The second thing I'd like to mention is happy anniversary to my mother and father. It was this day, 33 years ago, that they were wed. My dad, while working shift work, had the upcoming weekend off and decided that with a week's notice he and my mother should just get married. They did. It's truly an interesting story with a very movie-esque feel to it. Here's to 33 more.

At the top of the world - Mont Blanc, Chamonix, France

I don't know what made us think it was safe to teeter precariously high upon Swiss castle walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment