Monday, October 29, 2012

The 8th Annual Busan Fireworks Festival

      The 8th annual Busan Fireworks Festival was last night, October 28th, and was held to usher in Autumn.  It's a 50 minute show synchronized to elaborate music, cost $1.5 million, and brings in over a million viewers.  This year's theme was "love" - there was even a one minute interlude designated for marriage proposals.  Despite the festival being canceled on its originally scheduled Saturday night due to the rain, being moved to Sunday, and the cold temperature, there was still an insane turn out.  I had the brilliant idea to stay away from the crowded beaches and head to an open mountainside so that I'd be able to gaze down upon the city and photograph it...so did a thousand others!  I stood for hours protecting my location and tripod, fighting onlookers, and freezing but I did the best I could to capture the event.  Here are the results...










The grand finale set the night on fire.

1 comment:

  1. Ryan what wonderful pictures. A cold front has hit us also but hopefully not for long.

    Godd luck and I hope this finds you well.

    ReplyDelete